高田敏文榮譽教授 (Professor Takada Toshifumi)
- 1979 Bachelor of Economics, Tohoku University
- 1981 Master of Economics, Tohoku University
- 2005 Ph.D. (Management), AoyamaGakuin University
Occupations (tenured position)
- 1983 Lecturer, Fukushima University
- 1985 Associate Professor, Fukushima University
- 1994 Professor, Fukushima University
- 1997 Professor, Tohoku University
- 2005 Vice President (Finance), Tohoku University
- 2007 Professor, Accounting School, Tohoku University
- 2015 Professor and Chair, International Graduate School of Accounting Policy, Tohoku University
Visiting Professor (Part-time position)
(1) 2005 University of Tokyo (Japan)
(2) 2017 North-east Normal University (China)
(3) 2017 Chiba University of Commerce (Japan)
Main Academic and Public Activities
- 2001 CPA Examination Committee (till 2003)
- 2003 Council Member of the Japan Accounting Association (continued)
- 2004 Committee Member of Corporate Accounting Conference, Financial Service Agency of the Japanese Government (continued)
- 2005 Committee Member of the Discretionary Committee of the Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (continued)
- 2006 Board Member of the Accreditation Organization for Accounting Schools (Continued)
- 2010 Adjunct Professor of Xiamen University, China (Continued)
- 2012 President of the Japan Graduate Schools for Professional Accountancy (till 2015)
- 2012 President of the Japan Auditing Association (till 2015)
- 2015 Chair of International Graduate School of Accounting Policy, Tohoku University
Prizes in Research and Education
- 1999 Aoki Excellent Paper Prize of Internal Auditors Association
- 2003 Excellent Research Award, Japan Auditing Association
- 2004 Excellent Paper Award, Chinese Accounting Audit Committee Conference
- 2015 Distinguished Scholar Award, Association of Graduate School of Professional Accountancy
- 2017 Distinguished Scholar Award, Japanese Association of Auditing
Main Articles 2011-2017
(1) Internal Control Reporting and Its Auditing in Japan, Proceedings of 22nd Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, November 8, 2010, Gold Coast, Australia.
(2) Expectations of Internal Control Reporting in Japan, Proceedings of International Forum of Accounting and Control, April 29, 2011, Dalian, China.
(3) Identification of Audit Risk Factors – Evidence from the Failure Cases of Internal
Control Audit –, Proceedings of 23rd Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, October 18, 2011, Beijing, China.
(4) Simulation of Audit Procedure to Find a Risk Factor —Decision of the Optimal
Frequency of Audit Procedure –, Proceedings of 24th Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, October 23, 2012, Maui, USA.
(5) Comparative Study on the Effects of Internal Control Reporting in Japan and
China, Proceedings of 25th Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting
Issues, November 12, 2013, Bali, Indonesia.
(5) Auditor as a Dictator, Proceedings of 26th Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, October 28, 2014, Taipei, Taiwan.
(6) Frontier of Accounting Education: Launching International Graduate School of
Accounting Policy, Proceedings of 27th Asian-Pacific Conference on
International Accounting, November 3, 2015, Sanctuary Cove, Australia.
( Co-author: Xiaohui Qu, Xiamen University)
(7) Auditing and Toshiba Scandal, Corporate Finance Weekly, No.3248, February 15, 2016. pp. 16-20.
(8) New Horizons of Accounting Education: Professional School in Accountancy, CPA Journal, Vol.29, March, 2017, pp.73-82.
Dr. Toshifumi Takada, a professor of Tohoku University Accounting School, served as a CPA examination commissioner from 2001 to 2003. He has held many important posts, including the special commissioner of the Business Accounting Council of the Financial Service Agency, councilor of the Japan Accounting Association, President of the Japan Audit Association, and director of the Japan Internal Control Association. As the chairperson of the core curriculum exploratory committee of the Graduate Schools for Professional Accountancy from 2009 to 2010, Dr. Takada planned and carried out surveys, symposiums and study groups about accounting education and has worked on planning the core curriculum of accounting schools. Dr. Takada, who has played a central role in the establishment and organization of the Japan Association of Graduate Schools for Professional Accountancy, and he is now President of the association and has continued to work to improve the quality of accounting education, and is known for having a wide international network.